Our Ultra laundry detergent is a high powered, hypoallergenic, eco-friendly cleaning power in a small, pre-measured strip of detergent without the bottle. Just toss it in the wash.
Best Zero Waste Laundry Detergent
Considered by many to be the best zero waste laundry detergent it removes the toughest stains, reveals vibrant colors, and restores radiant whites. (See our verified reviews below) Each strip of our laundry detergent weighs just 3g, and packs the same power as 40g of premium liquid or powdered detergents.
Experience Uncompromising Cleaning power that Removes The Toughest Stains, Reveals Vibrant Colors, and Restores Radiant Whites.
- Free of added dyes
- Free of chlorine bleach
- Readily biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
- Hypoallergenic, certified by independent dermatologists
- Vegan: no animal-based ingredients or testing on animals by us or our ingredient suppliers
Free of 1,4-dioxane, as certified by independent laboratory tests. Isothiazolinone free - a chemical that is bad for aquatic life and ubiquitous in even the "greenest" laundry detergents.
Plastic free packaging and shipping
They also pair perfectly with our No Plastic Stain Remover stick.
How to use plastic free laundry detergent strips:
- Remove a strip from the envelope and tear it in half along the perforated center line.
- Place 1 Strip (Half of a square sheet) In Washer (Top-load washer: place strip inside washer. Front-load washer: place strip in detergent dispenser by tearing strip into smaller pieces if necessary).
- Add Clothes
Its low-sudsing formula works in all types of washing machines, including high-efficiency (HE) and works with both hot and cold water.
This laundry detergent has a dramatically smaller eco-footprint than liquid and powder detergents. Its packaging uses no plastic, and its light weight reduces transportation fuel consumption and carbon emissions by 94% compared to today’s leading-brand liquid and powder detergent.
Over 30 billion of loads of laundry are done in North America each year, and the environmental impact is massive. A load’s worth of today’s leading detergent weighs in at over 40 grams. A single Tru Earth Eco-Strip weighs less than 3 grams, or a whopping 94% lighter! With so much less to truck around, and no plastic jug, Eco-Strips helps you lighten your load on the environment. If everyone switched to Tru Earth Eco-Strips, the annual eco-savings would be enormous:
- Eliminate one billion plastic jugs (you read that right!), saving 700 million from going to landfills
- Save truck fuel and CO2 equivalent to taking 27 million cars off the road for a day, or planting nine million trees
No More Measuring - No More Mess
No More Wasted Space
- Vegetable glycerin: plant-derived softener (from sustainably sourced coconut oil)
- Starch: plant-derived biodegradability booster
- PVA - (polyvinyl alcohol) biodegradable supporting matrix
- Light mineral oil: non-hazardous softener and processing aid
- Potassium sorbate: food-grade preservative
- Cocamido propyl betaine: coconut oil based, biodegradable amphoteric surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Alkyl polyglycoside: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Sodium coco sulfate: coconut oil based, biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam booster
- Glycerides, coco mono and di, ethoxylated: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Sodium gluconate: plant-derived and food-grade, biodegradable water softener that prevents soil from resettling on fabric after it has been removed during washing
- Lauryl dimethyl amine oxide: plant-derived, biodegradable non-ionic surfactant (cleaning agent) and foam stabilizer
- Hexylene glycol: biodegradable emulsifier
- Sulfonic acids, C14-16-alkane hydroxy and C14-16-alkene, sodium salts: biodegradable surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Octyl sodium sulfate: biodegradable anionic surfactant (cleaning agent)
- Residual water
Depending on size of order and what is ordered along with your detergent, this detergent is shipped in a post consumer recyclable/compostable kraft envelope, or a recyclable/biodegradable no wax paper glassine bag.
Glassine is a thin, flat, and smooth paper that is resistant to water, air, and grease. It's made through a manufacturing process called supercalendering, which involves running paper web through hot rollers to make the fibers lay flat and in the same direction.
As Always, Free Shipping within the USA.
All Well Earth Goods products are packed in 100% recyclable paper based materials including recycled paper tape, recycled labels, recycled mailer envelopes and recycled paper for cushioning. No plastic is ever used, and the smallest boxes or envelopes possible are used to reduce materials.
Zero Waste Ultra Laundry Detergent Strips are manufactured by Tru Earth